Wednesday, September 12, 2012

So, one thing that I have found that I often do, is say to myself, "If only John Doe would do____,things could be so much better for them". Typically these thoughts revolve around finances. A person complains that they are struggling financially, yet I can easily see so many areas for savings, cable and expensive toys are the first two that come to mind. Another personal example is of an individual who complained that they were cold and could not afford to buy blankets and that they couldn't afford undergarments. At the time Greg and I received this complaint, we were newly married and were college students struggling to make it, but I couldn't justify not sending this person some blankets and undergarments. We then visited this person a few months later and I was sickened to find that this individual was spending their money on expensive clothes and accessories!

I have been thinking about this for a long time, and I wonder what people think and say to themselves "If only April would do _____ differently, things would be better for her". I wish that we lived in a society that embraced honesty enough that people had the courage to tell their friends, "hey maybe try this" and that it would be well received. If I were smart enough with websites, I would figure out how to receive feedback anonymously in order to receive honest, unfiltered, information. However, I do not possess this knowledge, therefore, it is my challenge to you to provide me with honest feedback and to me to receive this information with an open mind and heart.

Here's to being honest while we keep it real!

1 comment:

  1. Hey April! It's definitely worthwhile trying to reverse the horribly downward spiral of our society of valuing shallowness and superficiality. It's difficult when the word-of-the-day is greed and dishonest gain. God help us to be more real and penetrating people.

    ReplyDelete