Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Well, I am on a journey! I'm not sure where the path will lead, but I know it won't be disappointing. My journey is one of both physical and spiritual health. I invite you to join me as I endeavor to help others and obtain accountability as I seek to Keep It Real!

I want to start by letting everyone know that I am not a writer, just someone with hopes of helping others by sharing myself. This is something that I have been contemplating for some time. It started with a rant to my friend Brittany in which I expressed concerns with Facebook and the jealousy it cultivates. I love Facebook and keeping in contact with people, however, problems arise because we only post our happy moments, (or our very negative feelings and occurrences) which leads to creating an unrealistic picture of what our lives look like. I believe that as people we need to make an effort to be honest and real with those around us. In my experience anything I have gone through that I felt I could not share with others is totally NORMAL! I just didn't know it because no one was talking about it. When I finally opened up and shared my story, others who had a similar experience felt relief to know they were not alone.

I plan to push myself to share my inner self and offer greater disclosure that I am naturally comfortable with. I won't promise full disclosure...maybe with time. I welcome any questions and feedback. For those of you familiar with the color code I am a red...which means that my natural tendency is to guard my insecurities tightly...so this is a step in my journey to becoming charactered.

Here's to keeping it real!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Keeping it real! I am all for it and am fully supportive of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete